The Christian Pioneers who settled in the rual Sac County community around Schaller brought with them the Christian home and church. It was this dedication that a special request by sixteen members and friends of the Presbyterian Church in the area decided to call an organizational meeting on August 22, 1886. The membership was made up of 19 charter members and 11 baptized children.
In September 1889 two lots were purchased for $150 and on March 29, 1890 construction was started on the church that had a 28' by 50' steeple.
With reloigion being a priority, a Sunday School class was organized in July of 1890 and in October of the same year, more lots were purchased to build a manse.
A growing membership in the church made it necessary to enlarge the structure. This was done by adding a basement dug the full length of the addition on the south side. The ladies Aid members purchased a 9' by 14' stained glass window which was added to the east end of the church. This wooden structure was razed in September of 1951 and the cornerstone of the present building was laid in April of 1952. Dedicated members were proud to present a debt free edifice. This brick structure has a sanctuary with 21 rows of pews. The pastor's study and secretary's office are located on both sides in the front of the sanctuary. The sliding doors at the back of the sanctuary open up into the fellowship hall. Located just off the right is a modren kitchen. The upstairs features 4 Sunday School classrooms, a balcony, and a storage room.
Once again in 1965 members stepped out in faith and built a new manse. They were able to hold open house n January of 1966.
A 33' by 13' glass enclouser was added for the new entry way of the church.
Memorial Money and donations made it possible to update and re- install a carillon which encompasses the town with religious music.